Can we all just be on an even keel?

Can we all be on an even keel? I'm not so sure. I decided to write this Blog to better deal with my feelings, about issues important to me, our country, society and the U.S. political machines that are inevitably taking away any rights we "the people" may still have. What will be next...our right to our last rite? Sorry a little play on words. Sometimes I just can't help myself. I hope that this Blog turns out to be humorous to someone besides myself in the end. ~D







Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rise Up for your personal rights!

So here's the article that just set me off to write again:
http://news.yahoo.com/hilarious-tsa-note-womans-vibrator-142200267.html
Okay, I now have to leave my personal possessions at home when I go to work, when I get into my car and now when I pack something. I have to leave my thoughts in my head for fear of being criticized, being canned at a job or from someone mistakenly being offended because I didn't measure every word before it came out of my mouth. I think we are becoming more like Russia every minute. (TSA = KGB with no intelligence) If you don't recognize that we have slowly lost many rights including the one to make a decision about how or what we take when we travel. While I'm not convinced packing a vibrator was the right choice, at least the choice existed and was made.
If they have the equipment to see all the way down to our body through an xray machine why don't they have the same for packed luggage? We should be allowed to lock our personal posessions, especially when flying domestically. I guess to some degree I agree with extra searches for international travel because there are many things out there we have yet to discover that may be very destructive and we may not be able to recognize them in their natural state. Searches of luggage could catch that. I totally agree that it isn't the brighest bulbs in the pack that are working these TSA positions. Having been totally F'd with on a trip about a year ago over something very stupid (and I fly a LOT). Additionally, I listened to an older female TSA employee (I refuse to call them agents because that would take a level of respect I can't muster) comment on the attractiveness of a particular male business traveler (ooohhh -- eee he sure is hot!) who then proceeded to give him some grief just so she could talk with him (or as she said make a connection). You can't make this stuff up. They can say whatever they feel but god forbid you ever make any kind of joke in a TSA line.

RISE UP for your rights and for the personal freedom we continue to lose daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment