Can we all just be on an even keel?

Can we all be on an even keel? I'm not so sure. I decided to write this Blog to better deal with my feelings, about issues important to me, our country, society and the U.S. political machines that are inevitably taking away any rights we "the people" may still have. What will be next...our right to our last rite? Sorry a little play on words. Sometimes I just can't help myself. I hope that this Blog turns out to be humorous to someone besides myself in the end. ~D







Friday, December 14, 2012

Twenty

I wrote this (sort of) Poem tonight to deal with what I was feeling about the tragedy today in Newtown, CT, particularly the children.  I think it helped me cope to put it on paper. I'm sharing.


Twenty


Eyes wide with amazement, holiday hope.

Shattered by cracks from a gun.

Wide-eye amazement flickers to fear.

Run! Hide! Cover your eyes.

There is no hope with fear so near.

Scattering, like the plumes from an angel.

Light, floating, feathers lifting your soul.

Protecting you on the journey.

Heaven awaits your little hearts.


http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

No comments:

Post a Comment