Can we all just be on an even keel?

Can we all be on an even keel? I'm not so sure. I decided to write this Blog to better deal with my feelings, about issues important to me, our country, society and the U.S. political machines that are inevitably taking away any rights we "the people" may still have. What will be next...our right to our last rite? Sorry a little play on words. Sometimes I just can't help myself. I hope that this Blog turns out to be humorous to someone besides myself in the end. ~D







Thursday, December 10, 2015

Originally created on Facebook and how I was feeling.  Not too much humor here because I can find non in the situation.

Alien-Nation

Here I am getting ready for bed and all I can think about is the country I live in and the "alien-nation" attitude that is going on. I have friends from all religions, races, cultures and from all walks of life, rich and poor, gun owners and pacifists. I appreciate every one of them for who they are. I consider myself really middle class of America. I don't like what is happening to/in this country any more than anyone else but I can tell you I will always keep my friends from all walks of life no matter who likes it or who approves of it. It keeps me balanced. You're either a good person or a bad person and you will act accordingly. I can't help but notice the amount of prayer that's flung around on FB and other social media sites from the same people that are quick to snap to judgment, point fingers, and blame. Our alien-nation is in a war. Maybe, just maybe we should extend our grace (personally) to listen and understand someone rather than judge them. I don't blame our President as I don't blame those that relate to any other Presidential candidate. How you feel about a situation, is how you feel about a situation. I won't judge you for feeling that way. This is our nation and you have the freedom of thought just like I have the freedom of speech. Unless you are Native American you and/or your family came from somewhere else and became an American. This time of year if we can't have peace can we at least have tolerance. I realize some "friends" may not be friends anymore because I posted this and if that's what you need to do then by all means I am okay with the "unfriend or block" buttons and I'm sure you are too. I just need to get it off my brain. Michael and Julie I think as I age you're rubbing off on me. Just my thoughts today and with that I bid you goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment